<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Digby; The Rambling Rebel Girl 

Here's a post to read by Digby called Real Women (contains lyrics).

Here are the lyrics to a song by Hazel Dickens called "Rambling Woman":

You been handing me a lot of sweet talk
about things you want us to do
You been talking about settling down
in a dream house built for two
I hate to disappoint you
but I don't fit in to that plan
Cause I'm a ramblin woman,
and you're a home loving man

I'm a ramblin woman with a different set of plans
And you know a ramblin woman is no good for a home loving man
There's a whole lot of places
my eyes are longng to see
Where there is no dream cottage
no babies on my knee
There's a whole lot of people
just waiting to shake my hand
And you know a ramblin woman
is no good for a home loving man

Take all your sweet talk
and give it to some other girl
Who'll be happy to rock your babies
and live in your kind of world
But I'm a different kind of woman
with a different set of plans
And you know a ramblin woman
is no good for a home loving man


Here is a video:

First you will hear Elizabeth Gurley Flynn speaking, and then you will hear Hazel Dickens sing "Rebel Girl" ( a song written by Joe Hill for Elizabeth Gurley Flynn). Here ya go:




Here's to Digby.

*

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?