<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Great headlines of our time 

"Bush Administration Distances Itself From Religious Broadcaster's Call for Assassination"

Weird, huh? What's the "religion" here? Christianity? I'm going through the Sermon on the Mount in my mind as I write this, and I'm almost certain there's nothing about assassination in it...

And now read this highly parseable non-denial denial from unindicted felon (back) Donald Rumsfeld:

Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld, appearing at a Pentagon news conference, said when asked: "Our department doesn't do that kind of thing. It's against the law. He's a private citizen. Private citizens say all kinds of things all the time."

Rumsfeld said he knew of no consideration ever having been given to assassinating Chavez.

"Not to my knowledge and I would think I would have knowledge," Rumsfeld said.
(via AP)

"Our department"?! Some other department, perhaps?

"Not to my knowledge"?! Sounds like Rummy's already gotten himself lawyered up...

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?