<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Say, remember the war? 

Gee, somebody seems to have decided Whack isn't newsworthy anymore. But here's a great blog that covers the story (via Kos). A quote:

Once upon a time you signed DA Form 71 and executed an oath as an officer of the US Army. I strongly suggest you review that oath:
"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."
I took that same oath. I didn’t swear allegiance to a political party, like Soviet officers, and I didn’t swear my loyalty to a Fuehrer, like Wehrmacht officers. I know few Russians, but after serving in Germany and speaking the language, I met many former Wehrmacht officers who rued the day they swore a personal oath to Hitler. Ask me to swear an oath to a political party or a partisan leader and I’ll tell you to pucker up and kiss my ass.

Seems like us edgy types at Corrente aren't the only ones asking ourselves what kind of country Bush and the Republicans are trying to turn us into... This kind of analysis (as that bungler E.J. Dionne did not notice, back) is seething below the surface everywhere in this country, wherever people care about the Constitution, study history, and keep aware. How long before it bursts into the mainstream?

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?