<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 02, 2005

I can't think of a headline 

And I can't think of a lead.

From Bush's latest news conference:

"[BUSH:] The essence of civilization is that the strong have a duty to protect the weak."
(via WaPo)

And... Wait. My mind just seized up or something. Readers?

UPDATE I've been meditating on Dear Leader's awesomely wise words, and I find one aspect very interesting: How very many forms of civilization they include! The strong "protect" the weak in:
  • Organized crime, where the mob "protects" you or your business
  • Feudalism, where the Lord "protects" the serf
  • Slavery, where the master "protects" the slave
Which form of civilization do you think Dear Leader has in mind? My money's on slavery, because you can read all about it in the Bible.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?