<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Grief, Anger and Courage 

It makes me angry and tearful, too, Ms. Sheehan. I wish there was some way to make it better. Of course there isn’t, but I share your anger and grief and desire to see justice done. An iWaq casualty’s mom’s letter:

Dear George and Dick:

I apologize (not really, you don't deserve my apologies) for the familiarity, but I don't call the people responsible for my son's death: Mr, or Sir, nor do I have any respect for the offices that you have defiled. The only thing you both mean to me is pain and devastation. George and Dick, you are both shameful cowards who are sending our brave young people to die to make yourselves and your buddies unbelievably and fabulously wealthy. Neither of you have any idea of the true human, sorrowful cost of war nor do you care that you are ruining lives by the thousands and thousands. You both disgust me beyond belief. You are not, never have been, and never will be my President or Vice President.

This is what your irresponsible and reckless policies took from me: One year and four days ago my son, Casey Sheehan, was one of the consequences of your lies and betrayals. One of the tens of thousands that your arrogant, pre-emptive, imperialistic policies have killed. I don't know how any of you can sleep at night...I know I can't.


I’ve had horrible insomnia now for days. And tonight the whiskey won’t work any better than before. This was just a taste of the letter—the whole thing’s over at Lew Rockwell.

What more is there to say? Imagine the outraged voices of Iraqi mothers we’ll never hear. Imagine the contortions necessary to believe that your son or daughter died for a just cause, or in a struggle for “freedom.” Imagine the courage it takes to accept the truth, painful as it is.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?