<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Book Tag ~ Part 1 

Julia at Sisyphus Shrugged and John McKay at archy have tagged me on this one so here goes:

Question: "You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be [saved]?"

Answer: I can't answer that. I'd go insane trying to decide which single book to save, memorize, pass along. I've never been good at this kind of thing. This kind of spartan decision making stuff has always scared me. Baskin Robbins scares me. I can't even go in the god-damned Baskin Robbins without being overwhelmed by 33 flavors all competeing for my attention. And then there's the sprinkles and cone or cup business and other various toppings. Sadly, I'd rather be beaten down to a simple functional ninny drooling in front of a tv set than to be responsible for making an important decision like this. Uh, oh...wait a minute. This story sounds familiar... I guess, given that set up, my answer would have to be Fahrenheit 451.

Q: Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
A: Yes. Three. All spolied fun loving sisters growing up in a gated community in Virginia.

Q: The last book you bought is?
A: "Ten Days That Shook The World" by John Reed. Just picked up a copy the other day for $4.98 - a "Special Value" purchase - at Barnes and Noble.

Q: What are you currently reading?
A: "Ten Days That Shook The World". I don't go throwing $4.98 around just for the cheap thrill of it. Also reading:

Confessions of a Psychiatrist: (soon to be a Larry King special)

Pit Stop Nympho: (Jane Fonda autobiography series)

Spoiled Lives: A Charming true story of three spolied fun loving sisters growing up in a gated community in Virginia.

Take it and Like It: Structured obedience for traditional familes. Forward by James Dobson.


Q: Five books you would take to a deserted island?
A: to be continued...

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?