<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Rich Little Rich People 

Found this item via American Politics Journal Newswire.

snip:
[David Corn] - But before we get to that, let me provide another reason why non-Republicans are right to suspect the worst of self-righteous Republicans. Of all the media coverage I absorbed of the inauguration nothing peeved me as much as several short paragraphs that appeared in a Washington Post piece on the inaugural balls. Here they are:

Though there was no official poem for the occasion, impressionist Rich Little, emceeing the Constitution Ball at the Hilton Washington, did provide a bit of inaugural doggerel.

The gist of it was: "Let's get together, let bitterness pass, I'll hug your elephant, you kiss my ass!" And the crowd went crazy.

Little said he missed and adored the late President Ronald Reagan and "I wish he was here tonight, but as a matter of fact he is," and he proceeded to impersonate Reagan, saying, "You know, somebody asked me, 'Do you think the war on poverty is over?' I said, 'Yes, the poor lost.' " The crowd went wild.


More, including how Newt Gingrich unloaded his second wife. See: David Corn.com

*

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?