<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, January 30, 2005

No nukes, so it's a success! 

It's all pretty amazing. I woke up this morning and turned on MSNBC and one of the bubbleheaded bleach blondes on there said something like "Well, the vote is going really well. I mean, well, forty people were killed and a hundred or so injured but, hey, that's a lot fewer casualties than we thought."

Has W dropped expectations so low that if the insurgents don't set off a thermonuclear warhead in downtown Baghdad the vote is a "resounding success?"

As for historical parallels, RDF, I don't think we ever had an "election" in the Philippines in the early 1900s but, if we did, that would be the closest thing I'm aware of to an analogous situation. We fought an insurgency there for decades after all and carefully installed government after government that was to our liking for the better part of a century.

I can't help but wonder what the hell is going to happen with this vote. It's going to take them two weeks to count it? Really? That smells to high heaven, doesn't it? What result do you want, Mr. Bush? Just let us know and we can get it for you!

I can't help but be very suspicious about the results when they're announced. I suspect the election will turn out just like we want it to -- and the Iraq Civil War will start in about six months. Of course, to be brutally honest, the Iraq Civil War's been going on for about a year now.

I do hope I'm wrong. However, unfortunately, I've been right about everything for more than two years so I'm guessing it's going to get a lot worse soon.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?