Saturday, January 01, 2005
1. Get the Preznit and his cabinet and advisors into (very) long-term treatment. (NOTE: Must break through denial first. Perhaps a group intervention? Contact APA.)
2. Keep organizing on the local level so that when the meltdown occurs this year there’ll be good candidates and grassroots GOTV efforts in midterm elections for 06. Get noisier in local media and at meetings.
3. Remember that the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists’ Doomsday Clock currently stands at seven minutes till midnight (exactly where it stood when it first started ticking in 1947) and resolve to get it back to at least fifteen till (see #1).
4. Make this MLK Day one to remember—it’s the anti-coronation.
5. Ask Reps. Conyers and Waxman, et. al. to share spines of steel with colleagues.
6. Buy absolutely as little as possible from corporate swine. Vote with wallet. Make or grow our own more often.
7. Paint the shed out by the road. Maybe a picture of Che Guevara? Emma Goldmann? MLK w/ We Shall Overcome? Sabocat?
8. Renew ACLU, public radio and IWW memberships promptly.
And dang, I know I’m forgetting something…
Hope all Correntians stay strong in 2005!