<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Condi-lie-zza takes the oath 

I'll pause for bitter laugher when you're done reading the excerpt:

The oath I will now ask Secretary Rice to repeat dates from that time.

Madam Secretary?

I, Condoleezza Rice, do solemnly swear...

RICE: I, Condoleezza Rice, do solemnly swear...

GINSBERG: ... that I will support and defend...

RICE: ... that I will support and defend...

GINSBERG: ... the Constitution of the United States...

RICE: ... the Constitution of the United States...
(via WaPo transcript)

[Pause.]
So, Madam Secretary, is it your view that torture is permitted by law, and rule by decree is permitted by the Constitution, as the nominee for Attorney General, Albert Gonzales, has proposed? (back)

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?