<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

They Get Letters (deux) 

My email from Kerry today:

Dear Supporter,

Earlier today I spoke to President Bush, and offered him and Laura our congratulations on their victory. We had a good conversation, and we talked about the danger of division in our country and the need, the desperate need, for unity for finding the common ground, coming together. Today, I hope that we can begin the healing.

In America, it is vital that every vote counts, and that every vote be counted. But the outcome should be decided by voters, not a protracted legal process. I would not give up this fight if there was a chance that we would prevail. But it is now clear that even when all the provisional ballots are counted, which they will be, there won't be enough outstanding votes for our campaign to be able to win Ohio. And therefore, we cannot win this election…


My email to Kerry today:

Dear John:

Earlier today I woke up to discover that you had made that phone call. I usually get up much earlier, but you see, I had been up very late watching the polls at a nearby precinct for you, so that nobody could steal the election, so that every vote could count, and I was very tired.

I had assumed we were all on the bus together—that it was understood that we are dealing with a man and a party that has no desire to “come together for the common good,” a party that, if it wins, intends to drag this country and its people deeper and deeper into its totalitarian vortex where gays are bashed, wars fought for nothing, the rich get richer, and lies are truth. I had assumed that this meant a fight to the finish. In other words, with every vote counted, every legal option explored.

You may actually think that your concession was an act of graceful acceptance, and that it will make it possible for the country to come together. If so, you’re wrong. You do realize who we’re dealing with, right? We are now on the brink of the abyss, and you have gone home. Or, you may just be tired. I know we are.

So, while I accept your thanks for our hard work, I would like for you to know that YOU CONCEDED. WE HAVE NOT.

Yours in Disenfranchisement,

RDF

PS. I’ll be sending you copies of my bills for gas and lost time from work. Maybe, you know, you can help out since I’ll be living in the Uniter’s economy until we can get him impeached, with or without your help. Shrill? You bet.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?