<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 08, 2004

I didn't pay the Times tax at all last week! 

And it felt great!

Yeah, I still love newspapers, and I can read them on the commute. But $5.00 for the Sunday plus $1.00 for the daily is ten bucks a week times 52.

$520 a year is way too much money to lay on the dresser for Judy "Kneepads" Miller, or to listen to Dan "Bud Man" Okrent insult me.

And what do I get from the Times that I can't get from The Daily Kos, anyhow? Well, the Arts Section. But there's a feisty weekly in town that does great arts coverage, and real reporting, too. The New Yorker. You've heard of it?

Punish bad behavior: Don't pay the Times tax!

Reward good behavior: Buy The New Yorker!

And speaking of rewarding good behavior, the National Geographic has a new issue out with the provocative question on the cover: "Was Darwin wrong?" Inside, they answer, in really big letters, NO! Go buy it.


corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?