<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Skirmish with the Vandals 

An unindicted co-conspirator sends me the following from her local Sunday fishwrapper in a town not very far away. A letter to the editor asking a question:

Dear Editor:

Last week I decided to support the presidential candidate of my choice and obtained a Kerry/Edwards sign for my front yard.

This week I placed the sign in my front yard and today the sign was vandalized with Viva Bush stickers. The sign was ruined while trying to remove these stickers. To do this the vandal or vandals had to go inside a private chain-linked fenced yard.

I understand that many other local supporters of Kerry/Edwards are having the same problems with their signs either being vandalized or stolen.

Does America still stand for today, what it stood for yesterday, freedom of the individual?

I decided to reply.

Dear Letter Writer:

No, it does not. While it is doubtful America ever stood for that, it is quite certain that what America stands for today is corporate greed and endless war. That is why you must put up another sign, hell, twenty signs, and you must volunteer to get out the vote. The Big Darkness is not fully upon us, but another four years of neocon pre-rapture idiocy could very well close the curtain. I also recommend electrifying your sign and borrowing a large hungry dog for your yard. If nothing else, it would be entertaining to lie in bed and hear the results.

Oh, haven’t heard lately—are we still going to Mars? Guess not. To the phones.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?