<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 14, 2004

She Gets It 

The Inky has it set up so their polling results take you to their message board page. It only shows the last post put up before you arrive, and this is what happened to be there when I was:

(via Philly Inquirer poll page)

From: SoldiersMom 11:12 pm
To: jen_m Poll (2 of 2)

268.2 in reply to 268.1

As a recently widowed mother of a PA National Guard Soldier, here's my benchmark for choosing the next President....
Which one of the candidates do I trust to make the most thoughtful and cautious decision about whether to put MY son, and the sons and daughters of other parents, in harm's way?

I trust the man most who knows first-hand the horrors of war.

I trust the man who, having been in harm's way in an ill-conceived war, would make CERTAIN that we only go into war with a plan not only to be victorious in battle, but for winning the peace, having a clear exit strategy, and being resolute that we not be seen by the local citizenry and the global community as "conquerors" or "occupiers."

Even more so after the debates, there is now no doubt in my mind . . . George Bush is out of touch with issues most important to me and my family. It's my opinion that the only man I trust to make a decision with my only child's life, safety and well-being is JOHN KERRY.

(N.B. I sure don't see Jenna and Barbara running to the recruiting station!)
Yes, ma'am. You and me both. My condolences on the loss of your husband, and may your son come home safely. May he take no harm, and dispense as little as possible.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?