<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Little Anecdotes From Hither and Yon 

How you know you've done the job right, or, A Debate Story:

(via dKos)

My 19 year-old (former foster) son, who has never been interested in politics, sat down with me and began silently watching about 10 minutes into it.

About half an hour later he turned to me and said, "Dad, am I able to vote?". I told him he would have to register but that yes, he could vote. I asked who he wanted to vote for, and he said "Kerry's the tall dude, right?". I said yes, and he said, "I'd vote for Kerry".

I asked him why, and he replied, "Because, I can tell if they were both captured by terrorists Kerry would keep telling them to go f*** themselves, and Bush would cry like a baby and tell them anything they wanted to know".

Today we registered him to vote.

-- Proud Dad
I spent Friday on my shift at county Dem headquarters. Last week we were out of yard signs, so of course that's what everybody who stopped by was looking for. This week we have yard signs out the wazoo so people asked for bumper stickers (yeah, we're out, and it's too late in the cycle to get more.)

But more than anything I got the feeling people just wanted to come in to a place where they knew they could find a fellow traveller to whom it was safe to say "Didn't Kerry just kick ass last night?" The change in attitude from the week before just blew me away.

The Titanic is turning. The work is worth it. Hope is on the way.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?