<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Froomkin On Bulges 

Froomkin's been off a few days, so I was greatly relieved to see him back today at last. It's probably a sign of overinvolvement when you get downright twitchy when you don't see your favorite columnists when you expect to.

This is, of course, the least significant part of the column, but a midafternoon giggle is good for the health. Like most Top 10 Lists this one peters out towards the end, but I like No. 7 for no particular reason except a weakness for absurdity:

(via WaPo)


From the "Late Show with David Letterman", via the Associated Press:

Top Ten President Bush Explanations For The Bulge In His Jacket

10. "It's connected to an earpiece so Cheney can feed me answers -- crap, I wasn't supposed to say that!"

9. "It's a device that shocks me every time I mispronounce a word."

8. "Just a bunch of intelligence memos I haven't gotten around to reading yet."

7. "Mmm, delicious Muenster cheese."

6. "John Kerry initially voted for the bulge in my jacket, then voted against it."

5. "I'll tell you exactly what it is -- it's a clear sign this economy is moving again."

4. "Halliburton is drilling my back for oil."

3. "Oh, like you've never cheated in a presidential debate!"

2. "Accidentally took some of Governer Schwarzenegger's (ste)'roids."

1. "If Kerry's gonna look like a horse, then I'm gonna look like a camel."

UPDATE Xan, my favorite was this:

And while Bush's demeanor last night is widely considered a dramatic improvement from the previous two debates, watch for talk today about saliva and blinking.

Eeeeew!

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?