<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 18, 2004

Aiiiiieee! My Cortex Just Melted! 

The below are from an unindicted RDF co-conspirator, who pulled them from her local fishwrapper last week. Part of some “idiot on the street” interviews following the last debate, and proof that Mencken, for all his faults, may have had a point when he said that “superficiality amounts to a national disease.” I wish I could say that it makes a difference where she lives, but it doesn’t, since I’ve heard the same kind of shit around here, too, and on the road. Maybe you have in your region, as well. I am rendered speechless by the sheer weight of their mindless idiocy. I can’t stand it; I weep; I grind my teeth; I resist the urge to a violent response with difficulty. Reading these this weekend led to finding the bottom of a whiskey bottle for myself and her, so I was hesitant to post them lest I encourage such behavior. But this is what we're up against folks, with 16 days to go. E’en now I am banging my head on the table. I’ve added my post-facto commentary, but I’m sure alert readers will be able to do better:

“Bush, because he don’t take s--t from nobody and he stands up for his beliefs and don’t back down.”

Try that approach when confronted with a large truck coming at you head-on, you brain-ischemic sack of fetid air.

“I was interested in hearing both sides and now after I heard them both, I’m voting for Bush.”

Because, y’know, I like his suit and goofy smirk.

“I’m undecided. The reason being is Bush is not for the middle-class income and Kerry want to pull out of Iraq and we started this stuff (war). Also, Kerry doesn’t state his point on issues clearly.”

‘Nuff said about clarity and undecided voters mulling issues.

“In all honestly, President Bush is a the one. We have to protect ourselves and he’s doing that.”

Yes, brainiac, he’s us protecting ourselves.

“The reason why I’m voting for Bush is because he’s doing the right thing in regards to fighting terrorism. But, we should be focusing on Osama bin Ladin. I have a feeling he’s doing the right thing by killing two birds with one stone. The other cool thing is there’s going to be some democracy in Iraq.”

It’s like, cool and stuff. Huh huh.

“They didn’t impact me. I had my mind made up who I was going to vote for, that just validated it. I just don’t trust Kerry. Too much flip-flopping back and forth. At least with Bush, whether you agree with him or not, you know what he stands for.”

This from the winner of the “What Bush Stands For” essay contest.

“It was OK. I thought Bush did a lot better. He had more statistics and knew more. You know, Kerry has an answer for everything. He was a lawyer.”

Please take that drill bit out of your ear canal.

“There are some things that you have to go off of what your personal beliefs, morals and values are. The debates don’t really sway you one way or the other, I think you already have your mind made up. There’s that 1 percent of people that need to listen and watch to see if the candidates identify with what their feelings are. I really like Bush, I think he needs to finish what he started and I think it’s going to be hard for someone else to step in and finish that.”

Yep, it’s pretty clear what your personal beliefs, morals and values are, all right.

“I think that Kerry says one thing and then says another later on. I don’t get into politics too much, but I am going to vote for Bush since Kerry is kind of flaky. It seems like Kerry will do anything to win, like talking about Cheney’s daughter. It was uncalled for.”

Oh, and my mother was a hamster and my father smelled of elderberries.

Now THIS is the one I need to talk to:

“It was the same. Both of them kept repeating themselves. I don’t think anything will change, whoever is elected.”

Oh, my poor cynical friend, what will change? Oy, where shall we start…?

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?