<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

"Oh Lord, Thy Lawyer Art On Line 3" 

Now I am not claiming God's copyright attorney is named Art. But the Almighty might want, in reverse of the usual order of things, to take a tip from BushCo folks and lawyer up. I think He's got a hell of a case v. a certain ex-judge:

(via the Alabama news summary)
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) -- Former Chief Justice Roy Moore told Justice Gorman Houston that Houston was damned to hell for "covering God" when Houston removed Moore's Ten Commandments monument from public display in Alabama's judicial building, Houston said.

Moore denied making the comment.
That's not even the fun part, although St. Roy might want to take a break from Ten-Commandmenting long enough to read the line about "judgement is mine, sayeth the Lord." However, just in case you thought damning somebody to eternal torment was a tad presumptuous, getta loada THIS:
Speaking to a civic club Tuesday, Houston said he last talked to Moore at 6:54 a.m. on Aug. 21, 2003, when Houston was in his office and Moore was at home.

"Roy told me in that four-minute conversation that I was damned to hell, that there was nothing I could ever do to change that, because I was covering God," said Houston. "I was speechless."

When he last talked to Moore, Houston said, the only thing he could think about was the time two years earlier, on Aug. 1, 2001, when the court building's manager took him to see Moore's monument before it had been unveiled. He said the monument was covered with a cloth and tied with a cord.

"I did not remove the cloth. However, I held up the bottom of the cloth and the first thing I saw, carved into the monument, was `Copyright, 2001, Roy S. Moore,'" Houston said.
I will give serious thought to abandoning my lifelong agnosticism as soon as "Judge" Moore is smitten with lightning, or boils, or some other suitably Old Testamentish affliction, preferably in as public a venue as possible. Reader suggestions on additional punishments--preferably with a Biblical connection--cordially invited.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?