<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Commander QWuaalude's Hilarious Parking mis-Adventure 

Well, after reading Tom's post below - see Can This Be True? - I can more fully appreciate the hilarity value of this charming little bit of Bush family lore.

From the Jay Leno Show - May 12, 2004:

MRS. BUSH: Sure. Sure. (Laughter.)

Actually, when he was running for Congress the very first time, his mother told me -- Barbara Bush said, never criticize George's speeches. So I really took her advice to heart and never criticized any of his speeches.

I knew there were plenty of other critics without me being one of them. Until one night, we were driving into our driveway and he said, tell me truth, how was my speech. And I said, well, it wasn't that good. (Laughter.) And with that, he drove into the driveway, drove into the garage wall. (Laughter and applause.)

[Leno] Q Wow.

MRS. BUSH: That's really true.

[Leno] Q I can see why she didn't want you to that. (Laughter.)

All right. More with the First Lady right after this. (Applause.)

Interview of First Lady Laura Bush on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno Nbc Studios Burbank, California | May 19, 2004 ~ transcript - White House.gov


Well, now we know what "Altoid Boy" is really carting around in his little tin box of "mints". Oooo, what do the pretty red ones do!

*

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?