<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Goodnight, moon 

Alert reader Liam Yore writes:

So I read this blog on occasion, not too much, and I don't get the "Goodnight Moon" reference. I have a toddler, so I know the book. I just don't get the relevance to anything.

Well, one night I had to make a final post, and I couldn't think of anything to write, so I wrote that headline. After all, I was saying goodnight, eh? And that night, or maybe the next night, farmer put up a truly loathesome image of Karl Rove as a maggot (here, if you don't mind losing sleep), under the headline "Goodnight, Rove," so I kept writing the headline every night in the hopes that farmer would post some more images like that. Just the straight man feeding the real comedian the line, eh?

And then I got in the habit of trying, every night, to write the last post of my day, on any old thing, under that heading. Like a miniature newspaper column. I have fun writing it, and some readers, at least, seem to enjoy reading it. I like the certainty of it, too; it's a nice ritual to perform. Here, at least, is something stable.

So, there you have it. Relevance is there if you want it.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?