<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 07, 2004

Leadership and its discontents: Narcissistic Personality Disorder 

I think Tresy hit the nail on the head a long time ago with this post on Bush's narcisstic personality disorder. In light of His absolute inability to offer a genuine, meaningful apology to the Iraqi people for the torture the soldiers under his command inflicted on them, I thought I'd pull out Tresy's checklist and look at it:


  1. Since I am so superior, I am entitled to special treatment and privileges.

  2. I don't have to be bound by the rules that apply to other people.

  3. Other people should satisfy my needs.

  4. Other people should recognize how special I am.

  5. Since I am so talented, people should go out of their way to promote my career.

  6. No one's needs should interfere with my own.

  7. If others don't respect my status, they should be punished.



And then of course we have this piece of shameless manipulation, that I imagine we'll be seeing much more of. What a user.

Question for study and discussion: Can a sociopath cry?

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?