<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

Abu Ghraib torture: Pentagon: Hersh guilty of "journalistic malpractice" 

Well, there's hysterical and then there's hysterical, you understand..

"This is the most hysterical piece of journalist malpractice I have ever observed," said Lawrence DiRita, spokesman for Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, in response to Hersh's report.

A senior intelligence official said the article contains "fantasy," adding, "I haven't found any truth in it."

The unit described simply does not exist, the intelligence official said
(via CNN)

Well, of course, they have to say exactly what they are saying. It's a Special Access Program. Looks like they've decided to tough it out—which should last, oh, until next week's New Yorker.

Remember how Perle was going to sue Hersh in the UK courts? How's that coming, anyhow?

UPDATE Tom tells me I got my neocons confused: Perle, not, as I had it, Wolfie.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?