<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Rumsfeld's Mantelpiece 




Souvenir
by MJS

There upon the mantel
Lies the dust of the war dead
Mingling in a golden light
That shines inside my head

I wonder, just like Shakespeare
Where all japes and jests must flow?
I wonder for a second,
Then I pick them up and go

I am The Donald Rumsfeld
God of War and Loot
I reach into disorder
And stash it in my boot

Hey - life is messy, so messy and unkind
I like to think I clean it up
With each bone-chip I find

All hail The Donald Rumsfelds
All hail The Gods of War
Invite them to your house, my friend
But frisk them at the door
Always frisk them at the door...

There upon the mantel
Lies the dust of the war dead
Mingling in a golden light
That shines inside my head

Lyrics: MJS
Illustration: farmtoons
musical inspiration: "Mr. Bad Example", by Warren Zevon

Made possible by a generous contribution from
Mustard Gas Turkee Farm Amber Keepsakes International
(A division of Martin Marietta)


NOTE For more about Rummy looting the 9/11 site for souvenirs, see back here.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?