<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 19, 2004

Bush press conference once more 

My roommate is playing the Bush press conference. He thinks I need to hear it. I need to sleep, and I hate to wake up screaming, so I'm not sure I agree with him. He's playing it really loud.

Bush's voice, his phrasing and intonation, sounds really, really strange. Not Xanax, but oddly slurred, and oddly phrased.

"A country that's hiding things is a country that's afraid of getting caught."

"It's their oil, and they're going to use it to reconstruct their country."

"I wouldn't be happy if I were occupied either."

Bottom line: I think it's tragic for the country that such a small man is in charge. As always, enlightenment values are relevant, in this case, Shakespeare's Macbeth:

ACT I SCENE III
MACBETH: Why do you dress me in borrow'd robes? [Florida]

ACT V, SCENE II
ANGUS: Those he commands move only in command,
Nothing in love: now does he feel his title
Hang loose about him, like a giant's robe
Upon a dwarfish thief.
[Florida]

ACT V, SCENE IV
MACBETH: By the worst means, the worst. For mine own good,
All causes shall give way: I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er:
["stay the course"]
Strange things I have in head, that will to hand;
Which must be acted ere they may be scann'd.

Eesh.



corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?