<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 05, 2004

Dr. Freud, will you please call your office? It's about Governor Perry 

Governor Rick Perry denies all the rumors. All of them, including the one about goats.

"I'm a big, tough guy, and I have run now for four times against some pretty darned good political opponents, people who have probably gone through my background about as well as you can go through a background and written everything about me, investigated everything about my life from the time I was born until 15 minutes ago," Perry said. "And I put up with all of that and understand it. I go do my job every day. This is like a bombing mission for me. The missiles come up on a regular basis. I know they're going to come up."
(via Austin American Statesman from TBogg)

Um.

Variations of the rumor have been perpetuated on Web sites that publish unsubstantiated rumors that the mainstream media won't touch. Among those that have mentioned the rumor are the Burnt Orange Report, BuzzFlash and MadLife.

The site had its first posting about the Perry rumors on Feb. 13 under the headline "Rumors circulating about Gov. Perry."

"I've been hearing some interesting things from multiple sources about the marital relations of Gov. Rick Perry in the past day or two," the Web site's Byron L. wrote. "If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has information about the rumors, drop me a line."

Five days later, the Burnt Orange Report noted that it had received more visits in one day than it had in all of January. The traffic was credited to another Web site ...

Enter the man in the gray turtleneck

... atrios.blogspot.com, that linked to "my post on the rumors circulating about Governor Rick Perry."

Perry had no sympathy for anyone using a we-said-it-was-just-a-rumor defense.

"What's wrong is they have been a Web site that has denigrated the political process, in my opinion, to a great degree," he said. "If the future of politics is this, the future is dismal and dim for Texas, for America, for the political process."

I love it. A Texas Republican gerrymanderer and man-slut for Tom "Don't call me French" DéLay talks about "denigrating the political process."

Two words: Matt Drudge.


corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?