<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Cheney's flip flop on the Hate Amendment 

WaPo:

During the 2000 campaign, Cheney said the issue of same-sex marriage should be handled by the states ("I don't think there should necessarily be a federal policy in this area"). Cheney's daughter Mary, who works for the campaign, is a lesbian, as has been widely noted by those upset with Bush's call for a constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage.

CNN just sent out a transcript of the pre-taped interview, and Blitzer asked the veep if he still believes what he said in 2000 about marriage being up to the states.

"Cheney: The president's made a decision, partly because of what's happened in Massachusetts and San Francisco, that the administration will support a constitutional amendment -- and uh, that's his decision to make.

"Blitzer: And you support it?

"Cheney: I support the president.

"Blitzer: I don't hear you say you believe there should be a constitutional. . . .

"Cheney: I support the president. Wolf, my deal with the president is that I get to advise him on the issues of the day. I never discuss the advice I provide him with anybody else. That's always private. He makes the decisions. He sets policy for the administration. And uh, I support him and the administration."

Moral clarity, yeah, that's the ticket, moral clarity ...

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?