<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Wussert and the Chimp, part 1 [Military records] 

The MTP transcript is a treasure trove of inanity and disinformation, but here's an exchange that leaps to the eye:

RUSSERT: When allegations were made about John McCain or Wesley Clark on their military records, they opened up their entire files. Would you agree to do that?

BUSH: Yeah. Listen, these files I mean, people have been looking for these files for a long period of time, trust me, and starting in the 1994 campaign for governor. And I can assure you in the year 2000 people were looking for those files as well. Probably you were. And absolutely. I mean, I

As in the old joke, update: "Trust me"—that's Republican for "fuck you."

RUSSERT: But would you allow pay stubs, tax records, anything to show that you were serving during that period?

BUSH: Yeah. If we still have them, but I you know, the records are kept in Colorado, as I understand, and they scoured the records.

And I'm just telling you, I did my duty, and it's politics, you know, to kind of ascribe all kinds of motives to me. ...

Motives? What does that have to do with it? All we want is some sort of documentation!

But I have been through it before. I'm used to it. What I don't like is when people say serving in the Guard is is may not be a true service.

Cute! But Bush must be confusing going in MTP with his forthcoming testimony to the Commission on Changing the Subject

RUSSERT: Would you authorize the release of everything to settle this?

BUSH: Yes, absolutely.

We did so in 2000, by the way.

Hmmm.... I'm not so sure about that. The Bush 2000 campaign authorized the release of all Bush's military records? Did I miss the memo on this one? Readers?

UPDATE: Yep, "Yes, absolutely" is a flat-out lie. (See, Big Lie works: I was so astounded that he would say this, I qualified my own statements down to "I'm not so sure about that." Sheesh!)

So, it isn't the crime but the WhiteWash that gets you. A flat-out lie, right in our face. Just like the one about Kerry. Josh Marhsall writes:

The bottom line is that the president told Russert that he'd release all his service records. That's the press corps' hook. And in the relatively near future, as much as they may wriggle, his aides will either have to come forward with those records or go back on the commitment the president made in front of the whole country.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?