<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Jesus Is My Sponsor 

Remember how sick we were all were of Hollywood celebrities with their idiot opinions being treated by the fawning liberal media like they had some kind of expertise worth sharing? Well, at least our tax dollars weren't paying for Sean Penn's opinions about Iraq. Not so NASCAR hotshot Michael Waltrip, who holds forth on spritual matters and NASCAR--assuming you make the distinction--over at the White House website. I particularly like this pearl of wisdom:
What do you think of Bobby Labonte promoting the Passion of the Christ on his car?

Michael Waltrip
I think it is great. I’m a Christian and when I look up and see clouds and Christ’s name on his hood – it takes me to a happy place.

I’m really glad that we have the ability to make decisions like that that are obviously influential in a positive way on lots of people.

Yeah, just in case there's anyone with an IQ in double digits who hasn't figured out the farrago of backwater superstition, preening hypocrisy, inch-deep spirituality, and all-around yahooism that is American fundamentalism, I'd say that hawking one's Savior alongside STP and Unocal is a good way to clear up any confusion. Using Him to pimp the election prospects of a lying coward with no discernible compassion for anyone is just icing on the cake.
Plastic Jesus, plastic Jesus
Riding on the dashboard of my car
Through all trials and tribulations,
We will travel every nation,
With my plastic Jesus I'll go far.




corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?