<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Cohen fesses up on his Guard duty 

Let's review the bidding:

The issue is not that Bush did service in the Guard during VietNam.

The issue is not that Bush did service in the Guard in a politicized unit for the well-connected.

The issue is that there is no paperwork to prove that Bush served all of the time he signed up for, and witness have come forward to show him doing it; this is the famous "missing year" of Texas and Alabama duty.

Bush said, in his MTP interview, "trust me." Is he demented? Why should we?

In WaPo, Cohen writes:

In my case, it was something similar -- although (darn!) I was not rich. I was, though, lucky enough to get into a National Guard unit in the nick of time, about a day before I was drafted. I did my basic and advanced training (combat engineer) and returned to my unit. I was supposed to attend weekly drills and summer camp, but I found them inconvenient. I "moved" to California and then "moved" back to New York, establishing a confusing paper trail that led, really, nowhere. For two years or so, I played a perfectly legal form of hooky. To show you what a mess the Guard was at the time, I even got paid for all the meetings I missed.


Bush, however, just can't 'fess up. What does that says about his character? It's isn't the crime, but the WhiteWash that gets you....

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?