<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Careful Planning 

The latest news from Homeland Security, brought to us by Lambert below, reinforces my conviction that I've unwittingly slipped into a parallel universe ruled by Monty Python:

"The practice of researching potential targets is consistent with known methods of al-Qaida and other terrorist organizations that seek to maximize the likelihood of operational success through careful planning."

Research! Careful planning! Is there no end to their evil? Next thing you know, they'll be using dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire.

But I think I get it now: by invading Iraq without a clue what to do once we got there, we were demonstrating to the Middle East the difference between us and the Bad Guys. This is apparently what David Brooks was getting at.

If that's right, can I teleport back to my old Cartesian dimensions now? Please?

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?