<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 15, 2003

Can anyone decode this language from Dear Leader? 

From Bush's recent press conference:

I believe, firmly believe -- and you've heard me say this a lot, and I say it a lot, because I truly believe it -- that freedom is the almighty God's gift to every person -- every man and woman who lives this in this world. That's what I believe.

....

"Justice was being delivered to a man who defied that gift from the Almighty to the people of Iraq. And justice will be delivered to him in a way that is transparent and for the world to see."

Can someone who knows the lingo Bush's base uses decode this for me?

Leaving aside the issue of whether "gift from God" is the same as "endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights" (I don't think so...):

What does "justice was being delivered" mean? Is justice a pizza?

What does "defied that gift" mean? How on earth do you defy a gift?

Sign me, Puzzled.

corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?