<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Signs of the times 

From the Dear Abby column in WaPo yesterday:

I was recently hired at a company that seems to be way out of my league. When I walked in, I saw young, beautiful, thin, well-bred, middle-class folks everywhere. I am none of those things. (Well, I am young.) How does a person from one class work with another class without being noticed?

Feels Like a Fraud in Florida


Funny... I thought this America was supposed to be a class-less society? Not any more, I guess. Not with the increasing gap between CEOs and ordinary people... Not with the children of the powerful getting powerful jobs themselves...

From Wapo's front page on that same day:

The record receipts -- more than triple the top Democrat's fundraising for the quarter -- were driven in large part by just 285 men and women, who collected $38.5 million or more, which was at least 45 percent of Bush's total take.

Gee, I wonder what class those 285 people are from? And whether their "votes" count more than "Feels Like a Fraud in Florida"s?

What's tragic is that "Feels Like a Fraud in Florida" blames herself. As Frank Herbert wrote: "Good subjects must feel guilty. The guilt begins as a feeling of failure. The good autocrat provides many opportunities for failure in the populace. " Just what the administration is doing.

Of course, those 285 people know all about fraud, what it means, how to do it, and all about fraud in Florida too ...


corrente SBL - New Location
~ Since April 2010 ~

corrente.blogspot.com
~ Since 2003 ~

The Washington Chestnut
~ current ~



Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


ARCHIVE:


copyright 2003-2010


    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?